Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Living Life In Pictures

Because of this.......

I don't have much time for blogging right now. I have returned to school to finish my bachelor degree in English. Of course, I planned to do this years ago but didn't. Now is the time. I don't know why right NOW. With carpools, baby playing, toddler playing, Justin's full time job, Justin's full time college, Justin's Air Guard service, school reading time at Nathan's school every Monday, editing and teaching the school newspaper at Abby's school every other Wednesday, making the layout for the school paper, Young Women callings, cooking, cleaning (sometimes), reading to my kids, helping with homework, soccer, piano, play dates.....and the ever growing list...our house is CRAZY!!! Since my kids are my absolute first priority I swore I would not let schooling get in the way of mothering. But, Justin and I both feel strongly that now is the time to finish my degree. Justin found this great school that is online and actually has a degree in English (something not too many online schools offer) that has the same accreditation as Notre Dame, University of Missouri and the likes. So, I signed up and am finishing my degree. My baby is turning one and I figure it will take me about two years to finish. I then will probably want to get my Masters and by the time Ethan is in school, I will find a career that I can do from home or during school hours so I don't sit home and go crazy when all my babies are off to school (and not so baby-ish anymore). I'm just planning ahead. I do homework after the kids are in bed and during nap time. It is actually working out beautifully....of course I am a self-starter and have always taken school seriously. I don't think online education would be for everyone. You really need to be your own teacher so to speak! So since I don't have anymore time to blog, here are a bunch of pictures for what we have been up to the last few weeks!!!
Corn season here in the west and we LOVE farm fresh corn. Ethan enjoyed his first corn this year too!!
It is apple season as well and we have our own Jonathan apple tree in the backyard.
Harvesting!!
Gavin's third birthday!!
I had help wrapping the presents!!:))
Poison oak...after the nasty staph infection was gone.....Nathan somehow found some poison ivy or poison oak somewhere and it was not much fun. Legs, feet, arms, and torso!!! This looks tons better than the first 5 days of it!
Ethan doing what he does best.....crawling in and under and over and through things!!
Canoeing on the lake with Daddy and papa!!
A morning at Ft Buenaventura with Granny and Papa!

3 comments:

AMy

best of luck with school. i know you can do it!

Rachel

wow you sure have your hands full! but that's so exciting for you to be able to go back to school!

Leake's

You are a buzy girl! Don't you find that our best work is done when we are so busy that one fly in the ointment might upset the whole cart! Or something like that!