Friday, January 22, 2010

Tyranny of the Majority

This morning I found Gavin and Ethan clamoring in the refrigerator to reach a can of Reddi Wip that was behind the milk. I told them "No." and closed the fridge door. Ethan came unglued, screaming at me and yelling. Gavin just began following me around the house, tapping me gently on the back with a plastic ruler. I finally looked at him and said, "What do you want Gavin?" He replied, "That thing in the fridge." I explained that no one was having any whip cream right now because I didn't want them to have it. He thought for a moment and then chimed in, "But two of us want it!" The age-old fear of democracy run a muck!!

1 comments:

David and Vicki Wardell Family

Love it...I am so happy to see you experiencing the joy of boys! Every single time I think I have them figured out they do something else, and I am like WHAT??? Always keep me on my toes! Love you..