Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Are You a Donor?


Sorry about the video embedding...the don't have one small enough for my column but this is still worth watching!
This month is organ donor awareness month. The video above is such a powerful testimony to the reasons this program is so important. If it isn't enough to convince you...look at the stories below....

www.miraclemason.blogspot.com--little Mason, who only had months left to live if he did not receive a new heart, received the gift of life from a special angel and their family on Easter day!

This is Grace...she was also in heart failure and received a heart transplant on Easter Sunday as well...her family had this to say....

"We are so thankful for the gift of her heart and pray for the
family, wherever they are, who chose to donate. We don't know, nor will we ever know, the child's details, but we do know that they had to travel "a distance" to obtain the heart. Thank you for all of your positive thoughts and prayers. Grace is a special little girl and we are thankful for the gift of a new heart this Easter season - truly remarkable."


Two of the lives touched by organ donation....and thousand and thousands more whose lives aren't as fortunate. I hope you will consider becoming an organ donor if you can.

3 comments:

Sandee

Thanks for sharing the those touching stories.. I have a little girl who was born without one eye and blind in the other, therefore has undergone more surgeries that I can count in her short little life thus far and struggles herself with that challenge as well as others, so I have a special place in my heart for others who share and endure challenges alike.. or any trial for that matter.
I wish they could do eye transplants and restore her vision with two good eyes. That would be so neat... but for now, I'm glad they can do heart transplants and save a persons life.

Rachel

This is so, so touching! Definitley organ donation is so so important! plus, you'll be dead anyway why not help someone else??

I can't believe I didn't see you at Target, even though I smiled at you! How embarrassing! Sorry, it was a bad trip to target lol! Thanks for not being offended, I would have loved to say hi!

JOSH AND ANGELA

I just read abby's letter from FB... seriously, she is a special girl!

Hugs to you all!!