Life is filled with curve balls. I'm not a great hitter as it is. When the balls are coming straight at me, head on, just like I think they should, I only hit about 50% of the time. When the curves come up, I am sure to foul it away. Although I can't say I like the curves, I wouldn't trade the lessons I've learned from those curves for anything. Here is Abby, no not trying to act too old, just showing me her 24 hour heart monitor. I try to document everything that has to do with her heart journey, this was no exception. There is that monitor, measuring every beat and every length between each beat. It monitored when her heart was racing from exercise or beating slow and steady during rest. Do I like that Abby has to go through tests like these? Absolutely not! Have I learned volumes because of this trial? Absolutely!
I've learned that life is oh so full of sweetness, just like this. Although I hate seeing her growing up...especially with this oh so teenish phone talking stance...I'm so happy she is growing up. She brings sunshine and happiness to my life and to most who know her. Going through all I have with Abby makes me so thankful that she is here to go through the ups and downs with.
I'm thankful for the daily trials of living, the trials most kids go through, like dental visits to get teeth pulled, braces, feeling left out at school, struggling in math, wanting to go to bed later because "all my friends do"...all these things remind me that I am blessed to be wading through growing up with this sweet girl.
That sweetness has crept into other aspects of my life as well. I'm so thankful for healthy boys. I'm so thankful for this boy's extreme goodness. I couldn't ask for a better "big" brother. His heart is golden and as pure as they come. He has a pure desire to choose good paths in life and follow after our Savior. He is quiet goodness in our family.
His sweetness if contagious, if you take the time to pull it out. Nathan is so quiet and unassuming that you can often miss him. I feel sorry for those who do though. He is a little boy well worth knowing and once you are friends with Nathan, you're friends for life. He doesn't forget and he is loyal.
I'm grateful for his struggles and achievements as well. Being a younger brother to Abby can make his school achievements look little. He doesn't read novels in 1st grade, he didn't know all his letters and numbers and how to write his name when he started school, his favorite subject is "recess." But he works hard. He gets amazing math grades (I know shocking coming from this family), he has worked on his spelling hard all year and his reading has improved immensely. Nathan definitely fills our house with sweetness.
Sweetness????? Yes, even here!!! This is a good spot for this mischief maker. But our lives would be so empty without Gavin in them. This little pistol sweetens up everything. Granted he can make me want to pull my hair out when he steals toys from Ethan, just to see him scream. When he colors on the walls with marker, pees outside in the backyard, disappears in an instant only to have me running around frantic looking for him (in places like church, Disneyland, Target just to name a few)
But THIS face is so worth all of that! His smile is the most amazing smile, ear to ear and stunningly handsome, even when it is filled with mischief. He is filled with boundless energy and boundless love as well. His spontaneous hugs and "I love you's" make me forget about all else.
His funny little personality is sweet, bubbling over and infecting the rest of us with enthusiasm and sweetness!!!
Last but not least...this little guy is filled with sweetness as well. He is a firecracker, complete with a fiery temper. But he is also my best snuggler, my momma's boy (every mom should have at least one momma's baby), and a fun little brother.
Yep, this is sweetness! He is a clown...and if you know Justin...little Ethan is SO MUCH like him. Always teasing, always making others laugh, but always the first one there to offer love when you need it most. He even has this funny little face he makes when he tries not to smile that looks exactly like his daddy's!!!!
SWEETNESS! Look at those eyes, how could I not notice how sweet they are. Life has definitely thrown me some curves, but I'll take those curves if it means my life is also filled with all this wonderful sweetness. Trials only make me more aware of the goodness that fills my life. Knowing these four amazing little souls, is worth every sleepless night, every headache, every tear of frustration, every anxious moment spent in a hospital or doctor office, every worry over feeling left out at school....so worth it all because all those trials remind me of all I truly have--Sweetness.


4 comments:
love those sweet babies...
You're such a good mom!
I love it. You have an amazing depth and perspective. Thanks for sharing!!
you've described just how motherhood feels!! our children are beautiful and unique and also challenging at times! what a great post!
Post a Comment