Monday, January 7, 2008

Sunday Thoughts


We had a family home evening tonight about The Plan of Salvation that God has for his children. My cute little Abby and Nathan sat enthralled with the plan. After I had finished with the plan from pre-mortal Life through Judgement and the kingdoms, they were both very quiet. We had talked about what kind of people go to which kingdom and why hoping to reach the Celestial kingdom is such an important goal. Nathan was quiet for a moment and then said (pointing to the Telestial kingdom) are there daddies here? I told him no. He then pointed to the Terrestrial kingdom and said, "Are there daddies here?" I told him no. He then told me he had to choose the right so he could go to the celestial kingdom and be with his daddy.


Abby, my more serious and responsible child, was blinking back tears and said, "I don't think I will make it there because I make so many bad decisions." Of course, I took her in my arms and told her that all of us make bad decisions sometimes and that is the most wonderful part of the plan!!! Because of the Atonement of Christ, we can repent and be clean again. I also told her that she is a wonderful, wonderful little girl and I know of no one else who has such a moral compass as she does!!! How thankful I am for these precious souls in my life. As I think about how important it is for them to be with their families forever, I am all the more determined to live so that I can be there with them!

1 comments:

Our Corner

Thats so amazing that Abby and nate are able to grasp the concept of the plan of salvation so young in life. I had the opportunity ti teach that lesson to adults and after 4-5 lessons on the plan of salvation they still didnt understand. We truly need to be like children as the savior taught. Thanks for sharing that Nikki. :)