
Ahh Yessssss!!! I hope you all had a great holiday season! With family visiting and all I have been SO busy. It was a great holiday season for us. We had fun with Justin's family and mine. Some of the highlights:
*Christmas day with Justin's brother, Travis and his wife, Lisa. It was fun to have them here.
*Annual family name draw and shopping trip to the Air Base exchange (where you don't have to fight crowds or wait in long lines!!!
*Having Christmas Day festivities at our house!!! (I have a greater appreciation for my mom and all her hard work on holidays....especially the cooking and cleaning!!)
*A truly white Christmas as a snow storm roared in on Christmas Eve!
*A get together with old high school friends and their spouses!!! We had a blast!!!
Anyway, I must admit, part of me is happy to have my usual schedule back. Abby is back in school, Nathan goes back on Monday and life is settling back into the comfortable routine. Well, it is New Year resolution time again!!!! So, here they are:
1. Be more fun!! The Ensign article a while back about how important laughter and playing is while raising kids really impacted me so....I am trying to be a Fun mom as well as the kind of mom who tries to raise proper, responsible children!!
2. Go to the temple at least once a month with my husband.
3. Read the Book of Mormon through with Abby.
4. Finish my book and submit it to some publishers!!!
5. Exercise more frequently.
There you have it!! Will I accomplish??? Who know however, I am going try to post a weekly blog on here about how my resolutions are coming.....a little public pressure may help me on my way!!!!!!
Abby's resolutions include working on her singing and not being so bossy. Nathan's resolutions include learning his letters. Both kids came up with their resolutions on their own. I am proud of them and am going to help them both to hopefully achieve them!!


2 comments:
Hey! Glad to have you back! For Christmas, Julie gave everyone a gift of the all our old home videos on DVD. I've been watching the ones from our senior year and waxing nostalgic so I am currently quite jealous of your get together. Sounds like such fun!
What a good idea. For the longest time I thought resolutions to be things that people say to try and make them feel better but never really plan to do. But you really help put things into perspective for me. so I think I will make a resolution and just call it my 2008 goals. :p
Post a Comment