Friday, June 19, 2009

2 Hours + 8 Kids = Recipe For Fun

The other day my brother and sister-in-law asked me if I could possibly watch their 4 cute kids while they went to an appointment. They have two 16-month twins and two 8-month twins. I agreed. Add their 4 to my 4 and we had a house of 8. I had my helpers Abby and Nathan, who were lifesavers. With three babies the same age, one older toddler and two younger toddlers, we had our hands full. Here is Gavin, Gage, and Taya playing together. These three had a fun time and Gage and Gavin had so much fun driving cars together.
Gavin couldn't believe we had three babies in the house....THREE!!!!! Here is Gavin, Ethan, and Haylee.
Gage and Taya loved the piano and Abby showed them how to play. Taya was actually doing a great job of playing the keys and trying to copy exactly how Abby was playing.

Ethan loved the other babies as well. Haylee was rather patient with his loving (Ethan is a very lovey and snuggly little guy). However, her twin Peyton wasn't as patient with his close encounters. To avoid any problems we had one baby in this little bouncy seat, one baby in the saucer, and one free to crawl and play with me!!! I had fun with each baby and they enjoyed the rotation so to speak.
Here are the three babes. Ethan is one week older than Haylee (middle) and Peyton (right). Some of us can't believe how similar Haylee and Ethan look! I hope these three cousins love growing up so close together. With my dad being an only living child and my mom being 8 years younger than her older sister and 9 years older than her younger brother (I know, it's a little mouthful)....I had no cousins my age growing up. I always envied my friends who had close cousins. I hope these three enjoy each other. I hope my other kids appreciate what a blessing cousins can be as well.
Here is the whole clan...in fact, this is all the cousins on Justin's side minus our two Montana cousins (we missed you Anna and Carson!!) From left to right: Gavin, Haylee, Nathan, Peyton, Abby, Ethan, Taya, and Gage. What cute kiddos!! Thanks Cory and Kasey for letting us play!!! We had so much fun!!!

3 comments:

AMy

Wowza! you had your hands full that day...you scored some major brownie points!

David and Vicki Wardell Family

What the heck??? How much fun is that!!! I can't wait for the reunion to see the whole clan....

Bump and Erin

Wow two sets of twins!! Sounds like a huge party at your house!