Abby finished off 3rd grade with a bang!
*She had a spring piano recital and played the best I've ever seen her play. She performed Fur Elise and Mystic Drumming. We are sad her piano teacher is moving to Santaquin and are currently looking for a new piano teacher. I'm proud of her desire to play the piano and pleased at how well she plays and practices!
*She had two school concerts...one with her Choir and one for her recorders. I know, you are probably laughing about the recorders however, her recorder choir was pretty cool. They certainly played more than I remember playing on the recorders. Some of their numbers included Amazing Grace, The Entertainer, and Ode to Joy. It was very cool!
*She won an award for Best Citizenship in her 3rd grade class. She also won an award for scoring in the top 10% in the nation on her Iowa tests in all categories but one. We are very blessed that she loves school and learns so well. At one time in Abby's life we were told she would most likely have severe learning disabilities so every time she receives an award or plays the piano I feel grateful to a Heavenly Father who blessed her with a full life. Learning brings her more joy than any child I've ever known!!!
Nathan finished off Kindergarten and is looking forward to being a 1st grader next year. He is most excited about having 3 recesses and eating lunch at school. His end of school activities included:*A field trip to the Dinosaur Museum, a Field Day full of water games and activities, and a AR reading party for reaching his AR reading goals this year.
*He is playing on a competition soccer team this summer and we'll see if he enjoys the step up in competition play. He is also playing baseball (coach pitch league) this summer and he is really enjoying that. I find that I enjoy watching the baseball more than the soccer!!:)
Gavin is enjoying having his siblings around for the summer and he is still getting in to as much trouble as possible. Yesterday alone his conquests included:
*Attempting to pick Ethan up and dropping him (Ethan is no worse for the wear), being put in time out 5 times for hitting Nathan, ripping the top layer of our beautiful plaster walls in his time out area during the last time out (this is no easy fix on these old mortar and plaster walls), and spilling a whole pitcher of berry juice all over the kitchen cabinets and floors while trying to get it himself.
*His exploits also included snuggling up on the couch for reading a story, telling mommy he was sorry between little chest heaving sobs after ripping my wall apart, lots of hugs, the big smile you see up above that melts me, and climbing up on the couch and falling asleep while watching the Secret of Nimh. I believe the good outweighs the bad!!!:)
Our little Ethan is nearly 8 months! He is one of the sweetest little baby boys I've ever seen or known!!*He now sits up on his own, is starting to get around on his belly by rocking back and forth, he pushes up from a hands and knees position into a sitting position. He smiles lots and jabbers away in his cute little baby talk! He eats anything I can mash up for him. He doesn't like baby foods so much (except for pears) but he loves smashed up fresh strawberries, bananas, squash, sweet potatoes and carrots. He also loves to chew on anything in his fresh food teether. Last night he had a pancake mashed up with carrot, mango, peach juice and loved it!!! Within a few months he will be eating table foods completely!!
As for Justin....he is making his last push to finish school. His schedule includes full-time school, one full time job with an hour commute each way, a part time job with the Air Guard and in his spare time he now does homework!!!! He is busy busy but we are so proud of this last little push to get school done. He is getting great grades and getting all his work done, not missing any classes, working hard and still manages to find time to grab a quick picnic lunch or movie with us!! Hang in there!!! You can see the light at the end of the tunnel!


7 comments:
sounds like justin is in need of a vaca...maybe when he is finished you two can go on a romantic/adventure getaway!
and your kiddos are adorable as well ;)
Wow! You have been very busy! Your family sounds amazing - even Gavin (it's just the age!!!) Keep up the good work!
Sounds like things are as busy at your house as they are at mine. I don't remember the last time life slowed down. Do you? Cute kids!
Nikki, thanks for the updates. I remember those days (now I sound old!!) but enjoy them, they fly by too quickly. Congrats to Justin. It will be worth it and congrats to you supermom for holding it all together. love ya
Yes, yes my taste in photos has greatly improved-I did get a HUGE laugh from your comment. It's great to keep up on each other's lives this way-I love to read about yours-it beats a phone call once a year :)!
So does summer usually slow down? If you are anything like my family, no, it only gets busier. Qudo's to you for staying on top of everything and being so positive.
Post a Comment