I wanted to do a Christmas countdown this year and decided that I wanted to share some of the most amazing Christmas stories I have heard. For those who don't "believe" in Christmas....the power and magic of it is real. This little video impresses the symbolism of the birth of a little baby Jesus thousands of years ago....who came to bring peace but only after a bitter fight between good and evil. Wars are inevitable and ugly but often necessary. This story is amazing to me. The Christmas Truce of 1914--in spite of warnings from British officials against it--shows the beauty of the term Peace on Earth, Good will to men. If they could do it, then certainly the person who cuts me off in traffic or spoke harsh words or wronged me can be forgiven. And unlike the soldiers who were required to pick their guns up again on Boxing Day and fight against the friends they just made, I can leave my "guns" laying on the ground, not to be picked up again.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment