Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I Love a Great Bargain!

Abby is a shoe girl! She adores shoes and more especially, boots! She has numerous pairs of boots. She has black patent dress boots, platform black boots, brown suede with fur trimmed tops boots, black flat pink and gray flannel boots, slipper boots, Gap brown suede criss cross heart boots....yep, the girl loves boots. With all this love of boots, you would think once the snow came we would be well prepared. On the contrary, none of Abby's boots were sufficient to keep the water out and allow for great trudging around in the snow of winter days. So, we were off to hunt for boots. Abby is at the age now where any old snow boot won't do. We found some stored in the shed, I'm sure I thought they would be perfect for her however, at the age of 7 or 8 when most girls wear a size 13. They were padded and quilted and were a shocking....and I do mean shocking....pink. But, since Abby is now almost 10 and wears a size 13, the shocking pink were a bit too shocking for her. So we went to Target, Shopko, Wal-Mart all to no avail. The boots available at these places were more or less equivalent to Napolean Dynamite in Abby's eyes. So, I ventured to JC Penney. After all, I had a spend $10 save $10 promotion card that had just arrived in the mail. Once arriving we headed for the shoe department and immediately found these:

Abby loved them. They did not have a 13 of course, only 12 or 1. However, after trying them on it was agreed that the 1 would work okay and still be usable next year. So, I looked at the sign which read:
60% OFF
Okay...awesome! 60% off $50 is $20. I was assuming that my awesome spend $10 save $10 card would not work since the boots were clearanced. No problem though, $20 was way less than I was planning on spending on boots anyway. However...I was wrong...the clerk gladly applied the $10 off card as well so, we landed the boots for $10.63 including tax!!!

Okay, long post over something as silly as buying boots but $10.00 for brand new $50 boots deserves to be preserved for posterity's sake!!!