Friday, February 6, 2009
Spaghetti Bandit
Nursing a child isn't always the easiest thing. Poor Ethan gets put off and put off so many times a day because I have so many other things I am trying to do. Food to make, dishes to do, diapers to change, homework to help with, piano practice to oversee, running kids to and from friends and activities and lessons....well, you all know the list. Not only does Ethan get put off far too often but, 90% of the time, the moment I sit down to feed him, the world falls apart!! I feel so helpless and frustrated when I am sitting down, feeding Ethan and listening to fighting or crying or worst of all--Gavin getting into something I know he shouldn't!
The other day my brother happened to be here when one of those times occurred. I was sitting there feeding Ethan when Gavin came running in with a sack of leftover spaghetti noodles from the night before. He stood strategically out of hands reach and tuanted me. Slowly opening the bag and reaching in. He grabbed a huge handful out, slopping a bunch on the ground as he did, and began munching it happily. Luckily it was sauce free!! James was kind enough to come snap a picture for me of my Spaghetti Bandit!! Note the pure determined defiance in his face!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Nikki, Oh how I can relate. Children LOVE it when they have their parents held hostage for a moment. I remember going through the same things with Britton. Now, I am paying for it. When he wants something he stays right next to me until I give him my full attention! He was smart enough to learn that lesson early on....Just remember to enjoy the moments craziness and all because they will be gone so fast. When teenagers arrive, you will long for the day.....
Gavin is such a cute little stinker! I love the slide show of Abby! It is so sweet and sad. She was the cutest little baby, I love her hair!
That was funny. I couldnt believe he did that. I had to walk away so gavin wouldnt see me laughing. :) I know it can be frustrating but hey you get some great stories from it and laughs later on. :)
Post a Comment