Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Showing off the Skills


Babies are only babies for a fleeting moment. Wide-eyed wonder and unabashed curiosity begin to ebb away almost as soon as they are born. A smile that lights up his little face just at seeing mine get harder and harder to come by. Uncertain first steps and shaky little legs will soon be just a memory as he begins to walk more confidently without the help of mommy or daddy or his little train walker. Teaching my kids to become independent, secure people is both a blessing and a curse. Watching them achieve today what we prepared them for yesterday brings pride laced with a touch of longing for the baby in them. So although I hate to see you grow....Spread your wings little Ethan!!!!

3 comments:

Our Corner

I cant believe how well he moves around now with his little train. It seemed just yesterday we were at Kin and Gordy's and I saw him crawling for the first time. Crazy!

Rachel

so true about them growing. sad! but awesome at the same time! I can't believe how well he is walking already, he'll catch up to Cal in no time!

Emily

Wow, already?!