I forgot to mention that on one of our early days in Montana Nathan was outside chomping away on his very favorite snack, an apple. Well, he came up to Justin and me and we noticed blood all over the apple. Nathan was grumbling and exclaimed, "This stupid apple pulled my tooth out!" We looked confused for a moment then I said, "Open your mouth." Sure enough, left front bottom tooth was missing. I was shocked as he hadn't said a word about it being loose. When Abby has loose teeth, we know days and weeks in advance of the impending big event...the loss of a tooth. However, Nathan hadn't said a word to us. I asked him where the tooth was and he said, "I spit it out!" I asked where and he pointed to the rock patch by the front door. Well, after searching through the spider web and spider infested rocks for about ten minutes, we couldn't find anything. I assured Nathan the tooth fairy would still make a stop however. The day was a busy one and I was completely exhausted at bedtime. Well at 2:00 AM I woke up in a panic, realizing the tooth fairy had failed to visit yet. I rifled through Justin's wallet to find nothing there. So, I awoke him and he made sure the tooth fairy visited!!! At 6:30 AM we heard little Nathan's exciting "Mom, Dad, the tooth fairy left me a dollar!" Luckily that was a bad night for sleeping...I hate to think what would have happened had the tooth fairy ended up MIA for his first big tooth!Thursday, July 31, 2008
Can the Tooth Fairy Visit...Even for Missing Teeth???
I forgot to mention that on one of our early days in Montana Nathan was outside chomping away on his very favorite snack, an apple. Well, he came up to Justin and me and we noticed blood all over the apple. Nathan was grumbling and exclaimed, "This stupid apple pulled my tooth out!" We looked confused for a moment then I said, "Open your mouth." Sure enough, left front bottom tooth was missing. I was shocked as he hadn't said a word about it being loose. When Abby has loose teeth, we know days and weeks in advance of the impending big event...the loss of a tooth. However, Nathan hadn't said a word to us. I asked him where the tooth was and he said, "I spit it out!" I asked where and he pointed to the rock patch by the front door. Well, after searching through the spider web and spider infested rocks for about ten minutes, we couldn't find anything. I assured Nathan the tooth fairy would still make a stop however. The day was a busy one and I was completely exhausted at bedtime. Well at 2:00 AM I woke up in a panic, realizing the tooth fairy had failed to visit yet. I rifled through Justin's wallet to find nothing there. So, I awoke him and he made sure the tooth fairy visited!!! At 6:30 AM we heard little Nathan's exciting "Mom, Dad, the tooth fairy left me a dollar!" Luckily that was a bad night for sleeping...I hate to think what would have happened had the tooth fairy ended up MIA for his first big tooth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Good Save!. :) points to the tooth fairy. I had the chance to play tooth fairy to my niece...it's fun. I cant wait till I can do things like that for our kids. :)
Lucky save. I want to do it next time. ( I mean i want to be the tooth fariy)
Post a Comment