
For all those of you who read and enjoy it, I am asking for some suggestions. I am looking for a great light read. You know the kind of book that you read and feel happy after; The kind of book that makes you smile; The kind of book that doesn't take a lot of brain power to understand; The kind of book that just makes you feel good!!! The last few I've read have been historical, heavy subjects. I realized that I don't often choose the "feel good" books or the romantic comedies. I alwasy gravitate towards serious and often depressing subjects. I'm looking for something refreshing and light. Any suggestions???


6 comments:
What about Marley and Me. I think the movie version will be released this winter. Or, The Next Thing On My List is easy and fun.
Have you ever read Ella Enchanted? Totally fits that bill.
There is one I read that you would find amusing. It is a romatic comedie that is really funny -- it is called Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella. I have a copy at home, as well as a copy of Marley and Me if you want to read that one. Sis.
Seriously-I don't know if I have anything to leave here as a suggestion because right now I am crying because I laughed sooooooo hard after I read the comment you left on my blog-we need to get together and just laugh!!! In the meantime, rent the movie "The Importance of Being Earnest"-whenever I need amusement, I just watch this!!! I'm really into C.S. Lewis right now-so sorry to say but my suggestions would be on the deep end-Take care and love that CUTE NEW baby!!!
xoxoxo
Jen
Congratulations on the new baby! We are so happy for you guys! Along the book lines...I love the Artemis Fowl series by Eon Colfer (sp?) They are a great light read with fantasy, adventure and humor.
Good luck with everything!
I just finished reading a book (well actually a compilation of essays) called "The Mother In Me" that I liked quite a bit. Definitely a "feel good" read although there are a wide range of emotions explored through its pages. (www.TheMotherInMe.com)
Marley and Me is great if you are a dog lover. Josh and I read it together and laughed pretty hard.
Post a Comment