Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunday Thoughts

I love conference weekend. It seems like every conference there are one or two talks that stand out to me as being talks I personally needed. On Saturday afternoon Jeffrey R. Holland's talk particularly touched me. He spoke on ministering angels. He laid out many scriptural and historical instances when angels have ministered unto men as a way for God to give direction and show his love for His children. Elder Holland went on to say that the ministering of angels is still amongst us today. It touched me so deeply as one who has not seen or heard angels but has definitely felt their presence. Many times while watching Abby fighting between life and death at the hospital I felt heavenly assistance and knew we were being watched over. I have always loved the scripture he shared as being one of President Monson's favorite "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88. What a beautiful promise that God has made to us in the latter days through his prophet Joseph Smith. Then Elder Holland asked us to remember the ministering angels who are among us daily and I realized how lucky I am to know so many wonderful angelic people in my life. Yes, angels truly bless our lives. When I look at my beautiful children this idea is reinforced so deeply. I was thinking this as the children's choir sang immediately following his talk. They sang "Teach me to Walk" and I admit, I was fighting the tears as I realized that these angels in my life have a desire to return and it is my responsibility to show them how. I am grateful for conference every six months and the opportunity I get to feel rejuvenated and have my feet put back on course!!

2 comments:

Leake's

I also think that angels are our children who can bring a smile to your face.
A friend who calls at the right time.
A husband who feels your emotions and stands by you.
A relative that has a blog that touches your heart, gives you a new idea and keeps you in touch with someone that you see very seldom see.
Have a great day!

"The Adams Family" dadadada

Congrats on ur sweet baby! we love you! hope all is going well.