Wow! Our prophets have been concerned about the problems we face today for decades. Too bad the whole world can't listen to them, understand them, and take to heart what they have been preaching. All the things President Benson was concerned about in the 60's are still plaguing us in 2008--and they are even more of a problem! Unfortunately, whoever becomes the next President will only add to the move toward socialism and continuing the "political machinations".
Monday, October 27, 2008
In Light Of Current Political Events
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
WOW, This is an awesome video. Thanks for sharing it Nikki.
WOW, This is an awesome video. Thanks for sharing it Nikki.
This is Kristene's friend, Dawn. Thanks for sharing that video. I hope that more people are listening to what our Prophets have to say.
AMEN to that Sista!
If only! Everyone could just have the truth and live it!
Ahh, my young daughter is getting a little pessimistic. I know we disagree on most politics this year, but there is one thing that you can look at as exceptional. For the first time in my lifetime, people are really getting involved with this election---record turn outs already. I know that is just a small step, but it can be the beginning. I think the new President is going to be under a microscope---with the American people watching everything he does. If he makes mistakes the people will see it and see the results of those mistakes. We just have to keep watching and not go back to our worlds of complacency that has led us to this place in our history. If we are really lucky all Americans will continue to watch and vote out all dead beats in 2 years---and 4 years---and 6 years. I hope this new awakening will be permanent and in the years to come we MAKE our politicians WORK for their money. WE THE PEOPLE are letting our voices be herd this year like never before. I hope Americans are also educating their children---our future, and maybe, just maybe, this will be a start of a brighter time in our country.
Pessimistic may be too strong a word for me! :) I am sick of this election which has been dragging on and on and on. While I am happy to see record turnouts at the polls, I only hope that eventually we can get some men in that are not involved in pushing us ever closer to socialism agendas (which unfortunately both candidates this year are) and that uphold freedoms and values that I believe many Americans espouse. As for our children...well I can honestly say that mine are politically attuned and have heard both sides of this campaign. I was also happy to see that some of the elementary schools are letting the kids put forth the political "sides" of both candidates and then having mock elections in their schools...how neat!!
I don't know how I feel about all of this. I keep hearing all this stuff about socialism, but when I look around all I see is socialism, social security, welfare, sewer, water, post office---etc. Now the government is buying banks and wall street. That seems like socialism towards the rich not the poor. That has nothing to do with either of the new canidates. Is this right? How does all this fit into the fabric of the Church--we are supposed to help others. Then I think about the ultimite socialism---the Mormon Church's law of concecration. Is it wrong if it is the Government and right if it is the Church? It all gives me a headache. I just have to trust that God is in charge of EVERYTHING--including the election and His Will will be done. It's my job to figure out what he wants me to do. I know that I need to stay on God's side in this world. That is almost impossible in the world today, but we have to keep trying to figure out what is right and not contribute to the ill's but be part of the solution.
Post a Comment