
Ethan Robert Wardell was born on October 7th at 4:16 PM. He weighed 9 lbs. 7 oz. and was 21 inches long.

Although Gavin is a bit jealous of Ethan, he does have an unbounding excitement over the new baby. He loves to hold him and kiss him. Hopefully I can make a little extra time for him so that some of his new and surprisingly powerful temper tantrums are. Overall I'd say he is handling a new baby brother quite well.


Abby loves Ethan and can't get enough of him. She loves to hold him, kiss him, sing to him and help out in any way possible. She tells everyone she can about her brand new brother. She is a great big sister and helper. She can even calm him down when he is crying.

Nathan also loves Ethan. He came walking right into the hospital to the chair where my mom was holding him and said, "Hi!" It was too cute! He is very gentle with Ethan and although he doesn't like to hold him as much as Abby and Gavin, he really likes to just sit next to him and talk quietly to him. He is also very proud that we chose the name Ethan as he has been saying from the very start that we should name him Ethan!

We went home two days after his birth and are glad to be getting things to a somewhat normal state. A HUGE thanks to my mom and dad who went above and beyond while we were at the hospital with the other kids, cleaning the house, cooking and laundry. We couldn't have handled without them!!!!!

Abby made this cute "welcome home mom and Ethan" signs for the window and my mom helped her with the balloons for when we came home. It was fun to come home to!! Thanks Abby!!
9 comments:
I've been waiting for an announcement from you! Congratulations, he is darling!
congrats!
Congratulations! How exciting! Best wishes and I hope all goes well.
I have totally been checking your blog for baby updates! He is so precious!! I am so happy for you and your family and look forward to watching how this little one grows! CONGRATULATIONS!!
How is Moma feeling? I love his name! His pictures are so sweet. Those little feet...ahhhh.
awww he is so so adorable!!! Congratulations Wardell family! I am loving his chubby cheeks!
CONGRATS! He is beautiful and I am sure you are glad he is finally here. Hope both of you are doing well!
Congratulations again Nikki. We were so excited to get a chance to come see you and little Ethan in the hospital. He is such a cutie.
congratulations, he is adorable!
Post a Comment