Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Could Have Danced All Night!

This year the annual Military Ball was held at the State Capitol. First we went to dinner and ate at P.F. Changs in Salt Lake. The food was good but some of us agreed that it wasn't spectacular. Above is some of the members of Justin's "shop", the CE Readiness/Emergency Planning group.
Here is Justin and his buddy, Brandon Moses up on the balcony.

The scene from the balcony. The dance floor was fairly well stocked. The ball is fun because you get such a range from the young (some teens and children attend with their parents), to the young adults all the way up to senior members. They had a military brass band which plays big band swings and they also had a military band that played more contemporary songs. It was a lot of fun to see a guy wailing away on an electric guitar in full military mess dress!! Dancing was a lot of fun although next year Justin and I decided we are going to take some ballroom dance class before going.


Here we are at the Capitol. I admit, I wish I was a little slimmer but what girl doesn't think that? I'm working that Ethan weight off and next year I plan to look smashing!!:) This night is always fun for Justin and myself. We have a great time.



5 comments:

Jennie

What a fun night... and you look GREAT. I'm glad you were able to have a fun night out, ALONE, with your man.

AMy

You two are such a great couple...you totally deserved this and this is totally like the prom for married people :)

Bump and Erin

You look beautiful!! I am still trying to lose the baby weight and my baby is almost 2!! 'sigh'

So, did it take you back to Senior Ball memories??? lol! Looks like you had a lot of fun!!!

Rachel

you do look smashing silly girl. i know all about baby weight...ugh
what a fun cinderella-ish night. your prince looks handsome too

Cathy Christiansen

What a fun night for you both. Good choice of restaurant - I love PF Changs. Fabulous pictures - you look great!

BTW, I updated my studio blog so you and Abby are now featured if you want to check it out: www.marlormusicstudio.blogspot.com