
"For nearly six thousand years, God has held you, most of you, in reserve to make your appearance in the final days before the Second Coming of the Lord...God has saved for the final inning some of His strongest children who will help bear off the kingdom triumphantly."--Ezra Taft Benson
I recently heard this quote from a friend's Facebook page. It really made me stop to think about it. Lots of people lately have been saying that we have heard this kind of thing forever. That prophets since Joseph Smith have been saying prepare for the Second Coming. While this is true, I think the signs of the times are rolling forward. I look at my children and feel of the incredible strength of their spirits. They are so much more spiritually inclined than I was at the same age. They understand gospel concepts and ideas I had never even considered until my teenage years. Our responsibilities that come with these children is incredible. The blessings that come to my life from knowing them is equally as great! Whether the Second Coming happens tomorrow or in 100 years or more, I am grateful for these children. I am grateful that they teach me why we need to "become as little children" in order to inherit Eternal Life. I am grateful they teach me how to have coplete and unwavering faith. They have taught me the power of prayer and how to truly commune with the spirit. I fell lucky to be able to raise them and not only teach them but to learn from them as well.


0 comments:
Post a Comment