Sunday, March 1, 2009

Going Going Gone

This is often the way I find our little firecracker! He is a busy busy boy with a big world to explore, discover, and conquer! He goes and goes and goes until he will completely exhaust himself. When he finally gives in to sleep, it is usually in odd places. Once in a while he will crawl up on a bed or the couch and fall asleep but mostly we find him like this...on top of Ethan's upturned bouncy seat (I even put the blanket under his head--he was on the hard wood floor before I came along!), in his Spider Man play hut, sitting up next to the piano by the heater vent, on a stair...anywhere he happens to be playing when he can't play one second longer!
I would love to have some of his energy! I would love to be able to sleep on the hard ground again without waking up stiff and sore! I would love to go and go and go without stopping for rest! I would love all those things but at this stage in my life, I enjoy watching this little bundle of energy and exuberance grow and learn himself to peaceful bliss!! Sleep well Gavin!