Monday, April 6, 2009

Listen to a Prophets Voice

I admit I don't get to drink in as much as conference as I like to anymore. This year I only heard bits and pieces between kid's soccer games and birthday parties on Saturday and between corralling run away kids and a baby suffering from conjunctivitis on Sunday I didn't get to hear as much as I wanted (thank goodness for next month's Ensign!!). However, I did hear some of the talks and I am eternally grateful for these men the Lord has called as prophets to lead us. They give up their lives to lead this church and give us instruction and guidance from the Lord. I know that many of them spend more hours than we will know in serving this church and sacrifice more than we can imagine to do so. President Monson touched me and lifted my spirits. For the past year or so every newspaper, TV station, radio station, and conversation I hear is how dark and depressing the economy, our country and the days ahead are. However, President Monson reminded me that "the future is as bright as our faith." What a great reminder that by cultivating and strengthening my faith, my future will be strengthened as well. President Uchtdorff reminded me that I can't afford to be a "passive observer" of this church. Service to others and actively helping to build this kingdom is vital to my eternal happiness and salvation. Elder Jensen of the 70 reminded me that the most important thing I can do for my children is not give them things or activities or lessons but "faith in Christ". Nothing is more important for my precious little ones to be a living example of pure and unwavering faith in Christ and his church and gospel.

How blessed we are as a church to have these men who give us direction. How blessed to have living prophets and apostles that receive revelation. How blessed to have a living church on the Earth today. I am thankful to the prophet and his apostles for their time and service so I can live better.

2 comments:

David and Vicki Wardell Family

Nikki, I love your blog. I love feeling as if I know you better everyday. Thanks for inspiring me to start my own. I wish we lived a little closer so we could see you guys more often. We will be to the reunion this summer and I am so excited. I love your writings and of course you darling kids. Give my Justin a hug for us. Love ya, Vicki

Jill

AGREED! :)