Monday, April 13, 2009

Recap

Time feels so busy lately! I can't quite get enough of it to keep up with everything I need to do and everything I want to do. Since I haven't been keeping up, I will give a short recap of what our last 2 weeks have included:
Abby and her cute little friend from school.
Okay, I know completely blurry....Abby is in the pink on the end. This was the Ogden elementary school choir festival. It was a fun night and Abby really loves singing! They sang an Italian choral song and a fun spring Baseball medley. It was also fun to be able to go to Ogden High's auditorium to watch the performance. We sat up in the balcony and the workmanship in the high school is amazing and beautiful. The school was built in the 1930's during the depression by the CCC that Roosevelt established and the wood carvings, paintings, and masonry work is really something!


We took advantage of the intermittent spring weather with walks on the Ogden parkway trail.
This trail runs adjacent to the Weber River and the Eccles Dinosaur park. Gavin loves to go walking on it because we get glimpses of the ferocious dino wildlife as we walk.
This cute little guy was named Wildcat of the Month at his school! This is a special honor as only one or two are chosen from each class. What pleased me most was that when they called his name to come up his teacher mentioned that one of the things she appreciated most about Nathan was that he was a good friend to every member of the class. I love how sensitive Nathan is and how he is a friend to all!


We had photos taken. This can be one of the most nerve wracking frustrating experiences for me. Overall, the experience was okay. The kids were good, no one had cuts bruises or bang ups, no one cried or had fits during the photo shoot....HOWEVER...our photographer had a raging nasty virus of sorts and was coughing and hacking and getting way too close to my kids. I tried to do most of the posing and keep her away from them because I didn't want one more bout of this junk we have had all winter. She wasn't the best with the group shots either but, she was patient and got some pretty good pictures. I admit, I am super picky about my kids portraits (working at a children's photo studio for 8 years will do that to a person!)
We all enjoyed Easter. Here are the kids at the annual Armstrong Easter egg hunt. They had 70+ eggs to find hidden all over the yard and really enjoyed themselves. Gavin and I watched "To This End Was I Born" together a few times before church. It is amazing to me how in tune with the spirit kids are. He seemed to be immediately aware of the change when we began to watch this testament of Christ's life. After, he was very taken with Jesus and how they hurt his hands. They are never really to young to begin to form a testimony of Christ and his incredible love and sacrifice for us.
To end my little recap....we are all SO glad Justin is home from his ten day inspection trip to Michigan. He went to do some inspecting for the Air Guard. He said it was terribly cold and snowy but he also said Lake Huron was beautiful. We missed him lots and are glad he is back home with us!!!