
Every year the Utah Air National Guard has a family appreciation day. This year we all went down and enjoyed ourselves. They say a picture speaks a thousand words. Some times I think this is true...or maybe I am just warning you that this post has lots of pictures. Either way, we had a great time and I wanted to capture the moments on film. What fair is complete without big blow up bouncy toys?

Gavin enjoyed them as you can see.

Here are Nathan and Abby shooting some bouncy hoops. Best of all, these were free! There was no paying for a dollar a slide or some absurd price!

The day was rather hot so we found some shade and relaxed for a bit!

This was the kids favorite way to cool down however...this is water they are running through. And it happens to be coming from....

THIS! Yes, the kids got to try their hand out at fire hosing. Here is Abby giving it a try.

Nathan liked the wide spray better than the concentrated stream.


Gavin really loved the fire hose.

In case being fire heroes wasn't enough....they could try out soldier heroes. I know...some pacifists I know may think these pictures are terrible!! Letting our boys hold guns and dress like soldiers!! It's okay though...I learned in child psychology that this kind of play is healthy and normal for boys. It helps them learn about the world around them and deal with fears and good and evil. (Or maybe they just teach us parents that so we don't feel so guilty!) Regardless....Nathan loved it!

Abby loved it....although the look doesn't suit her!

And Gavin....well, he loved it as well (with help from his daddy and this man who I am sure is some really go get em drill
sergeant!!!!)

Here are the troops trying out a C130...or something like that! I forget all the plane names.

Here they are coming back down.

Standing in front of the jet engine....however, I took this shot because notice how completely HUGE the plane is in the background. This thing was the mother of all planes!!

Abby and Nathan were strapping themselves in...getting ready for a transport.

My cute soldiers.

Helicopter training.

And last but
definitely not least, the Apache helicopter experience.
4 comments:
Looks like such a fun day! How cool to be up close and personal with all the military stuff and the litte heros are so cute!
What an awesome experience for the kids to have! They look so cute in the uniforms!
Looks like you guys had a great day. I bet the kids loved it. :)
What an awesome way to get an idea of what their Dad does!
Post a Comment