Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Nose Knows...

Apparently Abby's teacher at school has requested that all her students begin wearing deodorant daily and taking baths daily. She has claimed that the children stink after recess and that their portable is beginning to stink as well. So, even though my ten-year-old daughter, who weighs 43 pounds and is never stinky, certainly does not need it, we went to the store. She picked out Degree Girl Just Dance! Oh so teen-ish. She loves it...really really loves it!!

My tale does not end here however...oh no. Nathan was really feeling put out that he did not get deodorant. He begged for it, to which I responded, "you don't need it yet." He would not take my answer. He continually tried to induce me to buy him deodorant, sure that he got really "stinky and sweaty" at recess. Finally, he came home the other day and exclaimed...
"Do you really want our house smelling like this?"
He held up his armpit right into my nose....the scene looked something like this
Although I smelled nothing but cotton T-shirt and fabric softener...I conceded that having that "terrible" smell in our house would be awful. I took him to the store that afternoon where he perused the deodorant carefully...smelling every kind. I was happy he chose a very mild smelling brand that won't overpower anyone near him. He came home and promptly took a bath so he could put some deodorant on. He placed it carefully in his dad's bathroom drawer, right next to his dad's Old Spice. I love that boy!!!! He makes me happy!!!! So, rest assured that my ten-year-old and seven-year-old have scrupulous hygiene habits and smell oh so fresh!!

4 comments:

Kasey

Haha! I love it! I think Abby's teacher has a problem if she thinks a bunch of 10 year olds smell all that bad!

Bump and Erin

Have you ever been in a room with a bunch of sweaty kids??? It's pretty stinky, even if only one of them really needs it. Way to go teacher! I'd rather have everyone smell good then not!

David and Vicki Wardell Family

Oh Nikki, life in the fast lane! It is so funny how even the simple things can be adventures! I love the personalities you have in your house...Your chidlren are delightful! We missed you this weekend, hope you are up to speed soon enough...

Jorgensen's

hahahaha oh so cute!!!