
Yesterday Nathan and I were sitting by the computer together. We have one of those screen savers which does a slide show of our favorite pictures. A picture came on the screen of Abby recovering from her ear surgery. Nathan said, "Mom, why did Abby have her ears cut?" I told him that when Abby was born her ears weren't quite shaped like most kids so they had to use surgery to make them look more like other ears. He thought for a moment and said, "When will I need surgery on my ears." I told him he wouldn't need any surgery because his ears were just fine. He then asked, "Only girls have ears that need surgery?" I told him no, that boys and girls need surgery on their ears and that sometimes babies were just born that way. He was quiet for a minute and then said, "Mom, does Jesus have a telephone?" I smiled, seeing where this was going and told him no and asked why. He said, "I just want to call him up and ask him why some babies are born with ears that need surgery." I love those kind of comments that disappear all too soon!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment