
Yesterday, I have to confess I spent almost all three hours of church in the hallway. Justin was working at "Music and the Spoken Word" which left me alone with all three kids at church. I left church feeling a bit discouraged that I hardly heard any of it. This morning however, I picked up the Ensign as I was reading over the Visiting Teaching message. An article towards the back caught my eye. It was a story featured in the Latter Day Saint Voices section and was called "Did Heavenly Father Really Love Me?" It was a wonderful article about how a young woman discovered that Heanvenly Father loved her through the caring of an anonymous neighbor. What struck me in this story is that someone was prompted to leave 2 lbs of ground beef, a roast and $20 dollars, the exact amount this woman needed to put gas in her car, on her doorstep. She had told no one, not even her husband that they didn't have the money for the meat and gas. It was exactly what was on her shopping list that she couldn't buy! My first thoughts were would I have left the meat on a neighbors doorstep even if I had been prompted to? My next thought was how amazing the spirit is. If we are in tune enough, we can hear the promptings and act on them. I wonder how often I am too busy or stressed to hear what the spirit is prompting me to do. In the Ensign article called "A Season for Angels"Elder Bateman says, "As we sing the hymns of Christmas and speak of angels sent to earth to witness the Savior's birth in the meridian of time, may we rise to the occasion and minister to those in need in our day." These two articles really touched me and made me stop and examine my life. I hope that someday I will be in tune enouch to be prompted to leave 2lbs of meat and $20 on the doorstep and I hope I will be brave enough to follow the prompting. I am now praying for those blessings in my life.


0 comments:
Post a Comment