Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday Thoughts


I have decided to try and devote one post each week to Sunday thougths. I'm sure you can figure out what this post will always be about.



This week I was sitting in church like I have so many times before. I was in Young Women and we were singing a Christmas song, Silent Night. I have also sung this song many, many times before. However, today, the spirit touched me. We were on the last verse of the song and singing the words, "Son of God, love's pure light, Radiant beams from thy holy face, with the dawn of redeeming grace." I was suddenly overcome with emotion. The birth of this one tiny child changed the world. Prophets had forseen this baby centuries earlier. Followers of truth had awaited the coming of the Savior for ages. This birth truly was the "dawn of redeeming grace" for all of us. While many scoffed at the idea that the Savior of the world would be born into it as a child, naked and poor and lowly like the rest of us, I see it as a poignant symbol. I have NEVER experienced anything as divine as holding a newly born baby. A spirit fresh from God, full of purity and spiritual bonds still tied to Heavenly parents. How grateful I am that Christ was born into the world.

0 comments: