Thursday, June 5, 2008

The First of The Season

Today we had one of our "firsts" for the season. We bought our first package of Popsicles. We opted this store run for the 3 pack combo of original Popsicles, Creamsicles and Fudgesicles. This package is sure to make everyone happy!! 5 reasons I LOVE Popsicles in the summer:

1. They remind me so much of growing up as a kid, especially Fudgesicles as my mom used to like those lots!

2. You can rub the stick on concrete on both sides to make a sharp little knife when you are done! Wierd I know but my big brother showed me how to do this as a kid and I've always remembered doing it. I think I'll hold off for a while on teaching it to my kiddos however.

3. You can buy the sugar free and fat free variety (of course all are fat free) and the kids are never the wiser, eating away happily.

4. They really hit the spot after a hard day of playing in the hot sun.

5. The red ones leave your mouth and tongue all red!!

Next time instead of buying them, we are going to experiment and make our own with juice and punch!!! MMMMM!!

1 comments:

Emily

In the summer, our garage freezer is Otter Pop headquarters. All the neighborhood kids know there is a frozen sugar kick nearby. Though I must admit, creating sharp wooden weapons is a much more exciting leftover than a plastic pouch.