Monday, June 9, 2008

Sunday Thoughts

"Night at Golgotha 1869" by Vasilij Vereshchagin http://www.art.com/The theme for our Sacrament meeting yesterday was "The Law of Sacrifice". The youth speaker put it so beautifully and simply in a way I never even thought about before. He said, "The law of sacrifice is giving up something now for something greater." How simple and exactly right. The law of sacrifice isn't really a sacrifice, it is just trading something in for a far greater blessing. It also made me think, do I understand and live the law of sacrifice? What has God asked of me in terms of the law of sacrifice? I think I can do far more in living the law when it comes to sharing the gospel, teaching my children, studying the scriptures and following Christ, the perfect example of living the law of sacrifice. I am thankful to a mom and dad and brother who followed the law of sacrifice themselves yesterday by accompanying me to church and watching the boys so I could listen to the sacrament meeting uninterrupted! Something that doesn't happen often.

0 comments: