
Well, I woke up the other day and looked around my house and was completely appalled at the condition of my house. The clutter in it was taking over our lives. So, I decided it was time to spring clean and organize. I actually went so far as to go and check some books out of the library on the topic. The books however proved to be dismally lacking on the subject. If I had thousands of dollars to spend on Pottery Barn furniture made specifically to help you organize or if I was a retiree's wife with no children or years of accumulation then the books would have hit the spot. However, neither of those scenarios applied so, I put the books down and got to work. I did find one useful idea and that was to do a little at a time. Take a certain amount of time each day and get to work. This idea has worked great for me. It took us time to accumulate it all, so it obviously will take some time to organize and clean it out! I do one room at a time and have donw quite a bit. My house is still not done all the way and I still have children at home who leave toys out and clothes on the ground but overall, we are coming up with a system that works for daily chores, laundry, yard work etc and I feel GREAT!! I can't believe how much having a clean house and a system for keeping it that way has improved my mood. Who knew that clutter could affect your outlook on so many things. Do any of you have any cleaning/organization tips you'd like to share with me???? I'd love to hear them!


4 comments:
I'm always on the lookout for new strategies to keep things clean and functional around here. (My best strategy is no screen time if the house isn't picked up. That usually gets them moving.) What was that happy homemaker book we used to always laugh about in high school? Maybe it has a few tips!
i LOVE having a clean and organized hot use but sadly it's not that way very often! i wish i had some tips for you but thanks for your ideas on it :)
sorry, i dont know how the word "house" got a t and a space in it!
Emily!!!
How could you forget FACINATING WOMANHOOD????? The secret is to do all your housework in a dress and heels---but only after you have done your makeup, hair and nails---but always before you cook a full meal from scratch. Oh! those were the days.
Post a Comment