Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanks For the Obvious and Not So Obvious

With Thanksgiving upon us my next few posts will be focused on the blessings in my life. The song "Count Your Blessings" reminds us to count every blessing, both large and small. During opposition and prosperity it is always important to acknowledge and thank our loving Heavenly Father for all he sees fit to bestow upon us. Today I would like to focus on people I am thankful for.
The Obvious:
My wonderful husband
Abby, my sunshine
Nathan, my smile maker
Gavin, my motivator
Ethan, my snuggler

My parents, who made me who I am today.
My Grandparents, who helped shape my view of the world according to their morals and values which are much different than those of today.
My siblings, all I am lucky enough to count as best friends (I count Kris in here as well:).
All my in-laws who made my husband who he is.
Friends and extended family I have met along the way, always an influence for good and inevitably leaving me a better person.

The Not So Obvious:
The man above on the left is Dr. Gregory DiRusso. He was Abby's cardiothoracic surgeon who did her open heart surgery. I owe him for her life. When other doctors and nurses were preparing us for the worst possible outcomes, he was fighting for her life. He wouldn't give up on her and thanks to him, gave her the best possible chance. Because of him, we have Abby with us today. Words don't express how I feel about this man.

A bishop who took an inactive couple and three small children under his wing. He took it upon himself to get them to church, teach them gospel concepts and help them prepare for the temple. That couple--my parents and because of this bishop who fulfilled his calling, I am where I am today. Again, words don't express the extreme gratitude I feel for Bishop Stone.

All my teachers growing up. I value my education highly and am grateful for exceptional teachers who dedicate their lives to teaching. The pay is terrible and the work hard...I am thankful they choose to do it.

A ward family I wouldn't want to live without. Our ward is truly incredible. It is filled with countless people I can look up to. It is filled with people who help me strive to be better. It is filled with people who love me and my family. I couldn't ask for a better ward to raise my children in as they will have peers who are good examples and leaders who love and care about them and teach them the gospel by example as well as words. It is filled with friends.

My life is full of wonderful people and I feel thankful that I have been lucky enough to be surrounded with amazing influences. The Lord must truly love me to allow these people to be in my life. Thanks to all of them.

2 comments:

JOSH AND ANGELA

What a touching post! What a great holiday Thanksgiving is as it really helps us remember and ponder these most essential blessings. :)

Our Corner

Thank you Nikki. I am so happy I found James and the Armstrong family. I am also grateful that we have become such great friends. :) Thanks for all you do!!!