Sunday, November 2, 2008

This Is Halloween!!

Hot Dog and Smore roast in the backyard fire pit after carving pumpkins a few days before Halloween!

Please disregard the complete chaos of the backyard...still a work in progress. We have been working on the inside so much that the yard has been somewhat neglected!! Nathan was really not liking the pumpkin insides. Gavin and Abby however didn't seem to mind so much!

Ethan on Halloween day. He was a trooper considering all the running around this day. He endured school parades, a ward trunk or treat, neighborhood trick-or-treating and our doorbell ringing over and over after we returned home. However, I could tell by the end of the night he had had enough. I spent a couple hours trying to calm him down and ended up sleeping on the couch with him on my chest!! Maybe he'll enjoy it more next year.

Here is our little Sheriff Gavin watching Nathan's school parade.

Nathan (the Luke skywalker) watching some other grades in his school parade. Nathan's school is a small school and they still have all the fun "traditional" style activities that I remembered as a child. They have a parade and carnival style fun and games. Abby's school however completely bummed her out as they decided they would have a fall festival this year and not celebrate Halloween or dress up in any way. They felt it "detracted from the atmosphere of learning." Huh???? Oh well. She did get to participate in a fun fall piano concert in her costume which I will post about within the next couple days!
Nathan "Luke Skywalker" at school.
Uncle Bob and Ethan at James and Kris' annual Halloween family party!!
Luke Skywalker, Gavin the cowboy and Abby our beautiful ballerina.

The family party l-r front Joe the Plumber, Cheshire cat, ballerina, cat, doctor holding cowboy, some freaky pirate guy!! l-r back Luke, 2 necromancers?? (I can't remember their exact titles), a computer zombie. This party at Kris and James house every year is fun and we would like to thank them for hosting it!!

4 comments:

Rachel

happy halloween! awww everyone looks so cute and little ethan is so so squeezable! it looks so fun having a fire in your yard!

Our Corner

Thanks again for all you do Nikki, It was so fun roasting hot dogs and smore's with you guys for FHE. Sorry we missed the pumkin carving. It sounds like you all had a great Halloween.

family4ever

I love Joe the plumber-that is what Darin should have been for Halloween. It has been so fun to see your family and keep in touch this way-much better than our semi-anual or anual phone calls! Love ya girl! And could you tell I am one of those mom's that is VERY happy when we focus less on Halloween and more on Thanksgiving!

Emily

I love Halloween, you guys look great! PS, Nathan would have scored himself a candy filled Darth Vadar head at our house. (Reserved for those who dress using The Force.)