Here are the kids Christmas Eve at Nona and Grumpy's house in their new jammies. A common tradition for lots of people. My mom began it as a way of appeasing my older sister and myself on Christmas Eve since my brother celebrates his birthday on Christmas Eve. (Happy Birthday Bob!!!) It was always so hard for my sister and myself to sit and watch him open all his birthday presents so my mom wrapped up the Christmas jammies and let us open them on Christmas Eve. That way we got to open presents and we looked "cute" for pictures the next day. I carried the tradition over to my kids and they love getting new jammies on Christmas Eve.
Driving home from Nona and Grumpy's and the troops were completely exhausted. What a cute brother and sister!!!
Hooray for Christmas morning. This picture shows my kids personalities so well. Nathan is curious, heading over to see what he can find before showing too much emotion. Gavin....all business and serious as a drill sergeant!!! He has things to attend to. Abby is pure excitement bubbling out all over!!

Bikes for everyone!! Thanks Santa!!!
Ethan enjoyed his Christmas morning (not at 6:00 AM like the rest of us but a more leisure 9:00 AM). He got a teddy bear (the traditional first Christmas gift in the Wardell family) and his wonderful blanket (thanks Sue Q!!!! he loves it!!).
First Christmas was enjoyable for Ethan.



3 comments:
Another Christmas spent with those that I would rather be with. This family is the greatest, and I wouldn't choose any other! Thank you for hosting Christmas again this year you guys. It was wonderful, as always!
Yay!! My first spokesmodel! Can I borrow this picture for my portfolio? Imagine -- a real, live baby trying out one of my very own quilts! I'm so glad you like it, and I hope it offers much visually stimulating joy in the new year! (Actually, I hope Ethan gets so attached to it that when you blog about ten years from now, all we'll be able to see is a black & white rag!) Happy New Year to you and your family, and God Bless 2009!
Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. :)We got some pretty funny text's from bob. :p
Post a Comment