Thursday, December 11, 2008

What Is The Drummer Playing????

I was discussing this cute little mischief maker with my cousin. He told me that the 3rd child always "marches to the tune of their own drummer." So my question is, what in the world is the drummer playing?? Gavin is SO different than my other two. It is like he is always trying to keep up. In order to keep up he was walking at nine month, has an advanced vocabulary for his age, is as headstrong as a bull and as strong as an ox! When I find Nathan getting drinks from the tap, I accept it as a "normal" boy thing to do. However, when I find my 2-year-old sitting in the sink with the help of a makeshift stool, having stripped his clothes off to the diaper I don't find it normal. When I ask him, "Gavin, what are you doing?" He says "Getting a drink. It's delicious!" My final confirmation that his drummer was running amuck was going to see the pediatrician last week. I am assuming this man sees literally hundreds of children a day. He has seen it all. After the appointment (and here I must mention that Gavin didn't even cry at all for his two shots, just looked at me with his mad face) the doctor says to me, "I don't know how you do it with this guy" and pointing to Gavin. "Your kids are all healthy and well adjusted and pleasant to be around in spite of Gavin." Okay, coming from a man whose whole career has been seeing kids day after day, I know that Gavin is definately dancing to the beat of a different drummer!! Oh well, one little impish grin from him and I can't stay too mad!! I'm glad he is here to keep me hopping!!

6 comments:

Our Corner

Gavin does have a way of shocking you in a good and bad way at times. He's so fun....course i'm not with him 24/7. :p We love all your kids so much and couldnt imagine life without them.

Leake's

Is it the third child syndrome? Or is it the choicest spirits have chosen us to live with. My Morgan, being the third, is head strong, her sense of right and wrong are fighting concepts, but she has such a way with children, they are attracted to her and are comfortable in her presence. Good thing she is working with kindergarteners. I prayed that she would always choose right, it would be very bad if she decided to deviate from the path of right. I keep reminding myself, she choose me to live with and I try harder to teach and guide her, even at 18. Keep up the good work! You are a chosen one! :)

Anonymous

Well, my third child was an angel after my second child -- go check out my blog and read all about her! (And you may be in for a surprise at the end!)

Oh, and how appropriate -- the word verification is "rewat!" (Kind of like a three year old's version of "reward"!) What are the chances??!!

Anonymous

Hey, one more thing: I love your blog! I've been perusing it a little this morning, and I love how you write! I appreciated your Sunday thoughts on Lehi's vision so much! I just got released from YW (for the third time during my married life), so I'll have to file it away until my next time around!

family4ever

Thank you for writing about your Gavin. Bridger and him must have been kindred spirits in heaven, because I swear that is something he would have done. People tell me when they hit 8 they start to get easier. He's 7 1/2 and I'm not finding anything ANY easier. I would write about his antics, but it hasn't been long enough for me to think they are funny yet. I'm holding my breath for 8, but also cursing him with children like him at the same time, that way I have all my bases covered!:)

Emily

Ah, number three. Of course mine believes he is Darth Vadar and must carry an (empty) squirt gun around at all times and attempt to inflict pain and torment continually. Although, I may be feeding his addiction as nearly everything he is getting for Christmas is some form of weapon.