Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dated

Our church is being remodeled right now so we have moved to another church close by while the construction is being done. Both our churches are older buildings and have been here since the 40's I believe (maybe a little earlier or later but around that time). At the new building, they have a little alcove across from the bishop's office where a little table sits and the telephone, like the one above, is hanging on the wall except, the phone in the church is that lovely almond color that was oh so popular in the 80's. Abby came to young womens with me last night and it was the first night in the new church. I happened to be standing right next to the alcove and Abby was playing with a boy her age. They came shuffling by where I was standing and Abby looked over and said to her friend, "Cool phone!" Apparently a corded phone, hanging on the wall is something really cool and retro to my little nine-year-old. She lives in a time when phones definately don't have cords and don't hang on walls. It dates me a bit I suppose that it seems normal to me. Now I know how my grandma felt everytime we went to her house and couldn't wait to use the phone because it was so cool. It was a rotary dial!:)

2 comments:

Chad and Barbi's family

That is funny!

Our Corner

Our church has one of those phones too. :) I can remember when we had a rotary dial. It was hard when the operater told you to PRESS 1. Hee Hee