Saturday, January 10, 2009

Therapy

I watched Mamma Mia last night. I've been in Vegas a couple times while this show has been playing and really wanted to go see it. This screen version got terrible reviews from the critics and was hailed overall as a boxoffice flop. Well, Justin rented for me because he thought I might like it. Last night after all the kids were in bed, I put the DVD in and fired it up.
Acting: Terrible
Singing: Generally Terrible
Corniness: Terrible
Cheesiness: Terrible
So why did I enjoy it immensely??? Because it made me laugh. Because I didn't have to think at all while watching it. Because who doesn't want to be a seventeen-year-old dancing queen again at times. When these full grown women are dancing around in crazy clothes singing "dancing queen" and then parading down to the beach, being followed by hordes of women who are throwing laundry aside, and walking away from all their responsibilities to be young and crazy again, even if just for a moment was liberating!!!!! Because it reminded me of being young and fun again. Yep, I loved it. For those of you who follow this and remember "Hennettas", "Cinderella", Eating Ben and Jerry's, Top Gun on a tape, Tang, Granola....and oh so much more, wouldn't it be fun to do it all again, even just for a day?????:)

3 comments:

Jen

I really liked it too. It is just a fun, silly movie you can sit back and enjoy.

Rachel

I LOVE this movie- everything about it!

Our Corner

I really want to see this movie. Maybe we should leave the boys home with the kids, grab some ben and jerry's and have a girls night. :)