Last week we had some fabulous spring like weather!! Gavin and I took advantage of it. During the afternoon we have one hour to ourselves when the older two kids are at school. So, we went to Beus Park here in Ogden to see the ducks. I thought Gavin would enjoy it as he is crazy over all animals. Once we got to the park I noticed that the geese and ganders were exceptionally aggressive. I am assuming they had nests with little eggs close by. Well, for those of you who know me, you know I am OVERLY afraid of birds of all kinds. I have had three or four bad experiences with birds chasing me, flying in my face or biting me till I bleed!!! Anyway, I was completely scared to death as the ganders seemed to be chasing us away. Gavin was NOT scared however. He loved watching the ducks and geese. At one point, the ganders all lined up and waddle-marched right towards us. I sat us down on a bench and held my breath, trying not to move as the ganders marched directly in front of us honking and squawking!! Gavin was waving and yelling at them. We both survived the ordeal in the end and Gavin really enjoyed watching the wildlife!!
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
That is so funny! I am totally afraid of them too, I wonder what Stella will think about them...
CONGRATS on the new baby!!! That is so exciting and so fun to have 4! When do you find out what you are having? It's hard to not hope one way or the other but I have learned that you adjust either way! I was so sad it wasn't a boy then so sad it wasn't a girl and excited again that its a boy!
Post a Comment