Like this Liz Lemon Swindle painting above (titled Like Nephi of Old), I have a young Nathan whose hero is Nephi. In Sunday School today our lesson finished off the book of 2nd Nephi. There is this one little line, the very last few words that Nephi leaves with his readers. I have never really noticed them however, they fit Nephi SO well. I've come to think of it as his motto of sorts. 2 Ne. 32:15, last sentence says "for thus hath the Lord commanded me, and I must obey." That sentence sums Nephi up for me. If the Lord commanded him he didn't try to obey or think he should....he HAD to obey. What a great example for me (and Nathan!!) of obeying the Lord. If Nephi can obey the commands he received from the Lord, then surely I can obey the commands we received today. How thankful I am for prophets both ancient and modern who help us keep our feet pressing forward on the right path.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Sunday Thoughts
Like this Liz Lemon Swindle painting above (titled Like Nephi of Old), I have a young Nathan whose hero is Nephi. In Sunday School today our lesson finished off the book of 2nd Nephi. There is this one little line, the very last few words that Nephi leaves with his readers. I have never really noticed them however, they fit Nephi SO well. I've come to think of it as his motto of sorts. 2 Ne. 32:15, last sentence says "for thus hath the Lord commanded me, and I must obey." That sentence sums Nephi up for me. If the Lord commanded him he didn't try to obey or think he should....he HAD to obey. What a great example for me (and Nathan!!) of obeying the Lord. If Nephi can obey the commands he received from the Lord, then surely I can obey the commands we received today. How thankful I am for prophets both ancient and modern who help us keep our feet pressing forward on the right path.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment