Okay, I admit, I don't usually like to vent frustrations on here. However, I am 10 weeks pregnant and feeling just like this monster above. My morning sickness hit at about 6 weeks along with a terrible case of the flu (and I know, I should have got a flu shot)!!! Well, the flu is nearly gone, all but the coughing, however, the morning sickness is not. Mine is an all day affair with it usually getting worse at night. In my search for a cure I came across the following list of women who are more likely to suffer from morning sickness:• You had nausea and vomiting in a previous pregnancy. (CHECK)
• You have a history of nausea or vomiting as a side effect of taking birth control pills. This is probably related to your body's response to estrogen.
• You have a history of motion sickness. (CHECK)
• You have a genetic predisposition to nausea during pregnancy. If your mother or sisters had severe morning sickness, there's a higher chance you will, too. (CHECK)
• You have a history of migraine headaches. (CHECK)
• You're carrying a girl. One study found that women with severe nausea and vomiting were 50 percent more likely to be carrying a girl.
Well good for me....of the above 6, 4 are true for me. My only consolation at this point is maybe in 2 weeks or so it will go away (with Abby my morning sickness lasted the entire pregnancy however) and that maybe, like the last category above, I'm carrying a girl!!


3 comments:
Nicole!! Congrats on your pregnancy - I hadn't heard yet. Sorry about the morning sickness though - that is NEVER fun so my heart goes out to you. I'm glad you and your family is on blogspot. I'll add you to our links so I can keep up on your family adventures. :)
I'm sorry that your not feeling well. Maybe you'll still get a little girl and not have morning sickness the whole time. :)
I hope it's a girl---since this is the last one, you have to use the blankets I have made---a little boy is going to look pretty funny in the pink and purple ones!!!!!
Post a Comment