Happy Birthday to a great sister and aunt!! I have some great memories of riding in a sporty yellow T-Bird, listening to Sylvia and Shaun Cassidy, roller skating to the 1812 Overture, and being allowed to hold her blue Mexican doll!! Lisa NEVER complained about me tagging along after her. I was always allowed to sit on the grass with her and Heidi and Robbie. I was allowed to go to Madrigal High School parties with her when I was only 11 or so. At the time I thought it was torture but at 3 and 4 Lisa sat me down and played "school" with me. No surprise that her school was quite effective and I could read by the time I was 4!! She was a great example of staying the course, cleaving to the gospel and doing what needed to be done without fear of what others thought (like dancing a ballet recital with a cast on!!!!) She showed me that girl's can serve missions, reading is cool because it fills you with knowledge, and music is beautiful!! As an aunt she continues to encourage. She and Abby share the same affinity for reading and music and appreciate the way she guides and helps Abby in these pursuits!!! Thanks to my one and only big sister!! Hope you had a great birthday!!Sunday, March 9, 2008
Birthday Tribute
Happy Birthday to a great sister and aunt!! I have some great memories of riding in a sporty yellow T-Bird, listening to Sylvia and Shaun Cassidy, roller skating to the 1812 Overture, and being allowed to hold her blue Mexican doll!! Lisa NEVER complained about me tagging along after her. I was always allowed to sit on the grass with her and Heidi and Robbie. I was allowed to go to Madrigal High School parties with her when I was only 11 or so. At the time I thought it was torture but at 3 and 4 Lisa sat me down and played "school" with me. No surprise that her school was quite effective and I could read by the time I was 4!! She was a great example of staying the course, cleaving to the gospel and doing what needed to be done without fear of what others thought (like dancing a ballet recital with a cast on!!!!) She showed me that girl's can serve missions, reading is cool because it fills you with knowledge, and music is beautiful!! As an aunt she continues to encourage. She and Abby share the same affinity for reading and music and appreciate the way she guides and helps Abby in these pursuits!!! Thanks to my one and only big sister!! Hope you had a great birthday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment