Yesterday I went to my first OB appointment!! Well, I was happy to have her say that my due date was being changed and is now a week earlier! I know, you may be thinking that give or take a week is no big deal but for those of you who "enjoy" being pregnant like I do....you know that a week can be the difference between sanity and insanity!!! Yeah for the new due date of October 10th instead of October 16th!!
Well, poor little Abby unfortunately inherited her mouth size and teeth from her mom. Her little mouth was so crowded that as her baby teeth began falling out, the permanent teeth couldn't fit in the spaces left. She had permanent teeth growing in behind baby teeth. To fix this problem, we started a long and arduous relationship with the dentist. On Monday, she had to go in to have two teeth pulled to make room for some permanent teeth. Well, before this time she had only gone in for her cleanings and received a little toy. She has always had no cavities and loved the dentist. She was extremely nervous and even went so far as to lock herself in the bathroom with her "bathroom" mommy who told her not to come out!!! Well, we got her to the dentist and I was happy to see that he was excellent!! I went through the same experience numerous times when I was young and I remember nothing but pain. However, he very gently rubbed on her lower lip while he gave her the shots and she felt nothing but a little sting. He came back a few moments later and pulled the teeth out smoothly and easily. She was surprised at how easy and simple the process was. I am glad because she has a number of teeth that will need to be pulled and then at least one and possibly two sets of braces to straighten her teeth out. I am glad that it wasn't too painful and she won't dread going back next time. Hooray for pediatric dentists!!


3 comments:
Good Job Abby Your a very brave girl. and Congrats to Nikki on a closer due date:)
Hooray on a sooner duedate and hooray for a positive dentist experience. When I was a kid I was HORRIFIED of my dentist because he had a big scary mustache and bad breath. Unfortunately my dentist experiences only got worse from there.
I love it when they up the due date! Congrats :) when do you find out what youre having? thats my fav day of being pregnant!
Post a Comment