Monday, October 8, 2007

Conference Weekend--See what God has Done

Well, I always love conference weekend. However, the more kids we add to the family the more I feel like I miss a lot of it. I can always read it when it comes out however. I missed seeing President Faust there. Last conference, Justin was able to get me a ticket to the session for the rededication of the Tabernacle. At that time, President Faust was helped into a chair and given a microphone. I love his talks and his straightforward approach to living the gospel. Justin felt privileged and grateful for the opportunities to work with him and he is definately one who will be missed. I love to see how the church moves forward however and was excited to see that Elder Eyring will be taking over as 2nd counselor. We have a special place in our hearts in this family for Elder Eyring. Justin loves and respects him deeply.

I had one talk in particular that really touched me deeply. I loved the talk about really looking for the times in your life when god has touched your life. The idea of keeping a daily journal is such a wonderful idea!!!! I know my life has been touched by God continuously. Of course, my mind rests largely on all the tremendous blessings we received since the time of Abby's birth. It is a blessing from God she is still here with us! The doctor's told us in the middle of her open heart surgery that she would most likely not survive however, here she is today! A little spot of happiness in everyone's life. Although she has quite a few medical problems and surgeries ahead, we know that her prescence here is a blessing. However, God touches our lives in smaller ways too with all our children. We know he is concerned with the everyday decisions in our lives. Justin and I know we were led to the very house we live in today so that we could raise our children with good friends and neighbors and to have good associations and experiences in the church!! How lucky we are to have this gospel and a church that teaches us that personal revelation (to touch on the theme of a couple other conference talks) is not only a blessing but important and imperative to our lives!!

0 comments: