
We had such a fun family home evening this past Monday. Lisa (my sis) called who lives in Salt Lake. She asked to come down to Temple Square. We had a great time. It is such a great thing to do every now and then. I told my kids that they had an important goal. Before the night was over they had to find out how long it took to build the Salt Lake Temple. Abby was shrewd enough to ask the very first missionary she ran into who told her it took 40 years to build. She and Nathan were amazed!!! Abby loved Temple Square. She takes time to look at every statue and picture, asking us to tell her what each one is about. Nathan however was running all over, doing what boys do. I told Lisa that I wondered sometims how much he really took in. She told me more than I probably thought. Later, we were down in the basement of the North Visitor Center. All the prophet wax figures are there. Nathan ran up to a display of Lehi and his family and touched the TV screen to start the story. It told the story of when Nephi broke his bow. He wathched it twice, without moving. For Nathan that is pretty amazing!!! After we started walking away he said, "I love Nephi!" Well, I was pleased to know that he gained something from it!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment