Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Joys of Motherhood

I had one of those special moments on Sunday that mothers are privilege to have now and then. Gavin was very tired after his bath and he was laying on my bed. I was lotioning him up and he just laid still while I was rubbing the lotion on his legs. I could see his eyes were getting heavy and he was falling asleep. He suddenly just grabbed my hand and hugged it to him and then drifted off to sleep. Since then, I have been trying the past few days to watch for those special moments that make being a mommy totally worth more than any other thing I've ever done in my life!! Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of life I forget what a special and divine calling I have been given. Nathan's moments:
*Last night at FHE we played a scripture trivia game--his knowledge of the scriptures both amazed and pleased me. He hears more than I think and he listens more than I assumed!!
*He jumped up on the bed this morning and put his mouth up to my rather large tummy and said, "Hi baby, its your brother Nathan!"
*He will eat as many apples in a day as I will let him.
*His spontaneous nature makes me prone to sudden outbursts of hugs and snuggles often...I hope he is always spontaneous!!!!
Abby's moments:
*At dinner the other night Abby could tell I was feeling a bit yucky. She just looked at my and said, "You're pretty mom."
*Having her snuggle up to me during our reading time is something that I wouldn't give up for anything.
*This morning as I was trying to get ready to go she played ring around the rosies with Gavin for me, keeping him occupied and happy.
*When we got home from Montana she realized she left her scriptures there, she came to me and Justin sobbing with big tears because she needed her scriptures. What an example to me and how lucky I am that she not only loves the gospel, but cherishes it!!

Gavin's moments:

*Gavin loves to snuggle up next to me at nap time to fall asleep. I love cuddling and holding him for as long as he'll let me because before I know it, he won't want to cuddle up for nap time anymore!

*He comes up to me frequently and out of nowhere just grabs me around the neck and hugs with all the strength he has.

*While we were babysitting Gage and Taya (7 month old cousins) he couldn't contain his excitement over having the "babas" at our house. He ran and got a toy for Taya but when he tried to give it to her she started fussing. He immediately looked concerned like he had done something wrong and then leaned over her and kissed on the head saying, "sorry baba". It was too cute!!

5 comments:

Rachel

i loved reading about your sweet kids! thanks for reminding me that i need to appreciate my babies more right now!

Kasey

Oh that is so sweet! Your kids really are something Nicole! Yeah there's a country song and in it it says, "If you wanna make God laugh tell him your plans." I've heard that and always remembered it. So, I don't get disappointed when things turn out differently. I know he has His plan which is the way it is supossed to be and everything will work out~even if it's tough for a while! Anyway, thanks SO much for watching them. I hope they weren't trouble! Thanks again!

Leake's

Motherhood changes so fast. Blink and the kids are in school, Blink and they are driving, Blink and they are getting married or going to college, blink and there are grandkids. Your moments are eternal. Great thoughts, thanks for sharing

Jill

armi--you found me! it was fun to look at your family blog. you guys have some cute kids! thanks for letting me peek in on your life! i started ours in march, so there really isn't a whole lot there...

Anonymous

You did'nt need to make me look so nice ( but It Is Your choice) Any way I love how you made the boys so cute. But you are the best mom ever.