Monday, August 18, 2008

Mommy Tag!!

Thanks to my Sister-in-law, Kasey, for a fun mommy tag. Lots of these go around but I can't think of one I like more than talking about my three cute kids!! So, here goes the mommy tag. Above is my three kids (all about 3 months old) Gavin in the blue and white stripes, Nathan in the all blue and Abby with all the hair.
Here is Gavin at 1 day old.
Nathan a few hours old. Nathan was born on Thanksgiving, thus the Turkey hat!! (I don't have any of Abby at birth as digital was new and her photos are somewhere in box downstairs. I just don't want to go through them to find one to scan!!)

*Age of baby/babies/kids: Abby-8, Nathan-5, Gavin-23 months
*Names: Abigayle Marie, Nathan Callis, Gavin Thomas
*Birthdays: January 18, 2000; November 28, 2002; September 12, 2006
*Time of birth: 9:58 PM for Abby, shortly after 1:00 PM for Nathan and close to 9:00 PM for Gavin. I know I'm terrible I don't remember exact times other than Abby!!!
*How long did labor last? 13 hours for Abby, about 11 hours for Nathan and about 12 hours for Gavin.
*How long did you push? 3 hours for Abby, about 30 minutes for Nathan and about 45 minutes for Gavin.
*How much did baby weigh? 7.5 for Abby, 8.5 for Nathan and 8.0 for Gavin.
*Any Hair? Yes, all my babies had hair but none like Abby she had a full head and it was curly!!
*Who does your baby look like? Themselves really. Most often I hear that Abby looks like my paternal grandmother, Louise Armstrong, Nathan looks like either my older brother, Rob or my younger brother James or his daddy and Gavin looks like my mother or his paternal grandpa John Wardell.
*How much weight did you gain? I was told to be honest so 30 lbs with Abby, 25 with Nathan, 20 with Gavin.
*Was baby early or late? Abby was about 5 days late--I had to be induced to get her here, Nathan was 39 weeks, and Gavin was 2 days late--again I had to be induced.
*How many baby showers did you have? I had 1 with Abby, 1 with Nathan and I didn't have one with Gavin (who needs one by the third??:)
*Did you breastfeed? Yes to all three.
*Who watches your babies most of the time? I am assuming this means when I don't. My parents.
*When do you wanna have another? I think October 10, 2008 sounds good!! Ha Ha!!
How did you know it was time to go to the hospital? Well, with Abby I was told to be there at 6:30 AM for the induction, with Nathan my water broke in the middle of the night and after some hesitancy as to what to do had my brother-in-law take me (Justin was at work so he met us there.) With Gavin I was again told to show up at 7:00 AM for the inductionl
*Anyone spend the night with you on your first night home? No.
*Who cute the cord? Justin all three times I think however, he doesn't like to at all and the Docs forget and keep having him do it!
*Did you cry when you first held the baby? No, okay so maybe I'm a terrible mom but everytime I just remember feeling completely amazed and humbled as well. No crying though.
*Where was the baby born? Abby and Nathan at Davis Hospital in Clearfield and Gavin at McKay Dee in Ogden
*Did you record the birth? No, I always take photos but don't record every detail on tape!

If you are reading this and have kids...consider yourself tagged if you would like to participate.

2 comments:

Emily

So fun to see and hear about all your cute little ones. Can't wait to get the details of #4 in a month!

Rachel

i love hearing about births and all the details! i can't believe you went over twice- torture! i hope you dont with the next one...i can't wait to hear his birth story too!