You know they say that sometimes pregnancy makes a woman a little forgetful and scatterbrained. Unfortunately, I am one of those that is effected by this malady. Not only am I affected by it but it plagues me terribly. My brain seriously doesn't work. My poor husband has to put up with me asking dumb questions repeatedly such as "what time do you need to be to work today?" (sometimes 3 or 4 times in the same day!!) Well, this problem is a difficult one for me because I am generally not this way at all. I am usually more organized and not one prone to forgetfullness or scatterbraininess!!! Well, yesterday my mother-in-law, father-in-law, and brother and sister-in-law were all down to attend my other brother-in-law's college graduation. In the morning I was talking on the phone to a friend and my mother-in-law comes in and asks where Gavin is. I told her I thought he was outside in the backyard. She says, "He's not there. At least I don't see him." Well, I panicked as I hadn't seen him for a while. I went outside and saw that the gate to the backyard was open. We have some construction going on in front of the house so all these huge excavators and work trucks are out there as well as some big holes full of water. Everyone scattered out of the house and began looking. I felt the familiar panic rising in my chest as he was nowhere to be found. A minute later I saw Abby come out of the backyard doing her best to fight back big tears of concern and then I really felt panicked. After a few tense moments of searching the trucks and holes my brother-in-law comes out saying I found him. I asked where and Travis says, "He's asleep on your bed." My mother-in-law says, ""Did he climb up there himself and fall asleep?" And suddenly I remembered....."No, he didn't fall asleep alone, I actually went in 20 minutes ago and laid with him until he was asleep!!!!!" Talk about forgetful!!! Two months to go and I get my old brain back and I can't wait!!!


4 comments:
Wow talk about Panic attack. I'm sorry that happened, but I'm glad he was safe and sound in your bed.
Well they do say that being pregnant kills brain cells -
Glad you found me, now I can keep up with you on your blog!
I laughed so hard when I read this! Its true, being prego totally makes me an air head. Everyone thinks I'm just making an excuse so thanks for proving them wrong :) Glad you found him safely though!
Tell everyone we said hi. Was it Ryan that graduated?
Im so sorry!!! I know how scary that at is to feel likfe you've lost one of the kids!!!!! But really its funny! I think after becoming a mom EVERYONE has these moments! we love you!
Post a Comment