Who would believe that a bowl of Tomato soup could make my whole weekend!! My children are about the pickiest eaters I know and that is saying a lot coming from me because I myself am a picky eater. Well, I still introduce them to foods they don't like occasionally and even beg them to taste foods they claim they don't. So you get an idea of how picky they are:Abby--hates potatoes of all kinds...even mashed and fries. Hates melted cheese unless it is on pizza or Oogle Sproogle (commonly known as goulash). Hates carbonated drinks (which is good but very unusual!), hates all vegetables, hates most fruit (other than strawberries and an occasional apple slice or orange slice)....anyway, you get the idea!
Nathan--hates potatoes of all kinds...even mashed and fries. Hates anything that "looks" different than it should. Hates vegetables. Hates ANYTHING on pizza except cheese and sauce.
Gavin-I still have hope for Gavin as he seems to eat better than my other two however, he is fickle and things he likes one day, he hates the next and he hates milk!!
Anyway, yesterday we were eating lunch and I was having a bowl of tomato soup. Abby leans over and goes, is that tomato soup? I said yes do you like it? I was thinking I was being funny and suddenly she says yes!! We have it at school with goldfish crackers in it and it is SO GOOOOD! Well, I was taken back. She told me she would love to have some so, today for lunch I put her to the test thinking she wouldn't like it. However, she ate nearly her whole bowl with the goldfish swimming in it of course and loved it (as long as I make it with water and not milk!!) Well, it made my day! I love when my kids try new things and like them. School lunch sure helps in this arena!!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment