Gavin has been feeling a little under the weather for a couple of weeks now. We took him to the doctor when he started crying out in pain everytime he tried to eat. Apparently he has a viral infection that is related to the Mononucleosis infection. He was extra cranky, extra tired and had a rash...incidentally, the rash was in his mouth and down the back of his throat, making it hard to eat. Well, no medicine to fix the problem just Tylenol and Ibuprofen alternating every 4 hours. After I came home from the doctor, Abby was laying on the couch with a fever and sore throat. So, I took her in to the doctor the next day. They did a strep test on her but it came back negative. The Dr. is growing the culture out and put on her antibiotics anyway to make sure (strep can be serious for her with her heart condition). Again, for the sore throat and headache...Tylenol and Ibuprofen alternating every 4 hours. Well, the afternoon after we got home from the doctor, Nathan began getting the chills and seemed very drowsy. He took a nap and woke up with a fever and was complaining of a headache and sore throat. By last night, both of them were dizzy and felt as if the room was moving around. Whatever they have actually made Nathan sick to his stomach. I started Nathan on Tylenol and Ibuprofen alternating every 4 hours for the pain. Needless to say, by about 7:00 last night I was SO confused!! I couldn't remember who was on which dose and what time I had given it to each child last. I actually had to start myself a chart on the dry erase fridge board to keep track of it all!!! If they stay sick too long I think I will make up my own medical charts for each one!!!!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Medicine Scheduler
Gavin has been feeling a little under the weather for a couple of weeks now. We took him to the doctor when he started crying out in pain everytime he tried to eat. Apparently he has a viral infection that is related to the Mononucleosis infection. He was extra cranky, extra tired and had a rash...incidentally, the rash was in his mouth and down the back of his throat, making it hard to eat. Well, no medicine to fix the problem just Tylenol and Ibuprofen alternating every 4 hours. After I came home from the doctor, Abby was laying on the couch with a fever and sore throat. So, I took her in to the doctor the next day. They did a strep test on her but it came back negative. The Dr. is growing the culture out and put on her antibiotics anyway to make sure (strep can be serious for her with her heart condition). Again, for the sore throat and headache...Tylenol and Ibuprofen alternating every 4 hours. Well, the afternoon after we got home from the doctor, Nathan began getting the chills and seemed very drowsy. He took a nap and woke up with a fever and was complaining of a headache and sore throat. By last night, both of them were dizzy and felt as if the room was moving around. Whatever they have actually made Nathan sick to his stomach. I started Nathan on Tylenol and Ibuprofen alternating every 4 hours for the pain. Needless to say, by about 7:00 last night I was SO confused!! I couldn't remember who was on which dose and what time I had given it to each child last. I actually had to start myself a chart on the dry erase fridge board to keep track of it all!!! If they stay sick too long I think I will make up my own medical charts for each one!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Sorry to hear that all of them are sick. That must be hard. call if you need us. :)
Post a Comment