"The Lord is my Shepherd, no want shall I know." --Psalm 23:1I am so grateful for the many ways I know the Lord is my shepherd. We have been needing to get Nathan some speech therapy for a minor yet frustrating speech impediment. He has a forward tongue thrust which makes it so that he isn't still easily understood. This can be very frustrating to both he and others. Our insurance does not cover this particular type of speech problem. We really feel it is important to get this taken care of before he starts kindergarten. Because of this we have been looking for ways to bring in a little extra income so we could pay for it and not have to go into debt for it. We talked about me getting an extra job however, my wonderful husband knew that even though I said I would go to work, I really didn't want to go to work. I didn't want someone else to send my kids to school or bring them home. I like to be the last person they see when they leave and the first person they see when they come home. I also didn't want to miss out on these years with Gavin at home. So, he decided he would put off finishing his BS degree, yet again, to get a second job. He had to go to Louisiana for a week with the guard and decided he would start looking when he got home. Well, I had been praying that he would be able to find a good second job that wasn't too demeaning or too demanding. Well, yesterday he received a call from the head of the personal protection security department. Because of the changes in the leadership in the church, they have a real need for the next few weeks for some serious overtime work. He will be working more or less from 7:00 Am-11:00 PM for the next few weeks. Instead of getting paid $8.00 an hour for some petty, mind numbing job, he will be making his regular wages plus ovetime pay!! Heavenly Father definately is keenly aware of our needs right down to the smallest details. If we put our trust and faith in his plan for our lives, he will lead us and definately make it so our lives are taken care of the way he sees fit for us. Problems won't be dismissed as we grow and learn from adversity however, He will definately lead us through those trials and help us if we only ask and have the faith to act on his answers.


1 comments:
What a blessing! I'm so glad things are working themselves out.
Post a Comment