Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Nothing Better Than A Book

Today, Abby and I were at the store. I was buying a little gift for each child for Valentine's Day. As we were walking down the book aisle, Abby grabbed Lemony Snicket, A Series of Unfortunate Events Vol. 2. She had read the 1st book last weekend so she was excited to get this one. I told her that would be her Valentine gift and she readily agreed. Later, we were walking by the CD's. She asked if she could get the "Hairspray" album. I told her she could only get one or the other and she still wanted the book. Then, we were in the toy aisle and she asked about a Barbie doll. Again, I told her only one or the other. She kept the book. She even passed up a cute little necklace for the book!!! It makes me happy she loves reading so much!!

0 comments: